Teachers

Friday 14 February 2014

Sunday morning wake-up




where: evolve
When: Sunday morning

There are classes you simply stumble upon because it's cold outside and because you are a bit lost of a morning so you turn up amongst the regulars and you know that in attending a full-on vinyasa flow class, you are going to have to fake it to make it. Not my usual setting but I thought a Sunday morning and all the rest and sleep from the weekend would allow a few extra chaturangas in my body and incite my tejas. 
With as much speed as the class itself, I realised that this was not the case, that I would much rather be in stillness away from jumping jacks and sweat. 
So, I resorted to a lot of child's pose and as the teacher urged everyone through her hectic flow, I noticed my resistance, my intolerance and my irritation. I felt controlled so I stepped back from it and  went inside. This was far better and I realised that my ability to take from the external what I need is an important coping mechanism. Not being a yes girl is ok too
Having said that, I loved parts of the class and especially her outfit: pink leggings with a matching bandana. Making my way to sweaty Betty as I write :)

No comments:

Post a Comment