Teachers

Sunday 9 February 2014

triyoga bliss




It is very rare that I ever make my way into the spiritual jungle of Primrose hill to do some yoga but right place right time meant I had no choice! So, off I went around the big reception area, past raw food and lots of dreadlocks, up the stairs to what is probably the biggest yoga studio in London. As I waited for Jeff to arrive, I was concerned that anytime I have done his class, I have struggled to keep up with the beautifully intense flow he offers. However, with the new year well and truly on its way, I felt it was time to face the music again.
Only, to my surprise, Jeff started the class as he meant to go on- totally mindfully and the slowest awareness practice I have experienced in a long time. My heart immediately warmed to him, as I felt he was present with us all, deciphering mood, energy levels and body condition.  The gentleness of the poses, mixed with the challenge of the breath in these made this a very unique practice and one which I intend to repeat as often as the tube allows me to get there!
Jeff Phoenix is an exceptional teacher, whose attention to detail mirrors the steadiness of his practice. He refines every posture, makes sure everyone is working with an edge whilst instilling softness and stillness into everyone who sun salutes in his direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment