Teachers

Saturday 14 December 2013

I wonder where the truth lies.


 I am a simple person.

No, I am actually not, but I aspire to be one. And yoga has helped me so much in this respect.
But then, why is this getting to be such a complicated affair? Is the business of yoga betraying its principles and will it lead to its decline in popularity?
We are overwhelmed: too many labels, too many layers, too much unnecessary information, too much vritti.
Everyday I seem to discover a new school- or someone claiming they have come up with a new, unique style. Everyday it is in the news, because yoga ‘sells’, like celebrities - and it is not uncommon to find them combined.
Then, why is it so hard to find a plain & simple, traditional yoga class in London?

I want to practice yoga, I want to study this ancient practice - an art or a science I am still not sure, but definitely so fascinating and modern. But if  I try to make sense of ‘what’s on the high street’ I only get supremely confused….
 


No comments:

Post a Comment