Teachers

Sunday 15 December 2013

Cover me bad

Covering a yoga class is a tricky business but the more I learn, the greater compassion I have for those who for one reason or another, find themselves in somebody else's shoes at a given time. On Friday night, I went to a cover class, which in my weekly yogi attendance, happens a great deal and I decided, after much reflection, that I don't mind a bit and that I have utmost respect for a teacher who knows full well that she is walking in somebody else's tadasana shadow and still delivers a perfectly scripted and authentic class in her own style and with her own unique philosophy. I admired this teacher for the humility with which she did this and the self-assured approach which inspired confidence in all her students. I raise my cup of Christmas chai to all cover teachers able to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment