Teachers

Tuesday 28 January 2014


Gracing post

 

Where: Dynamic Level 2, Sadhaka Yoga Centre, NW1

When: 26 Jan 2014, h 10-11.30

How much: £ 16, but they also do introductory offer (10 days for £ 20)

 

 

It is raining again….After all, this is London and this is winter. So why do I keep on scheduling on my agenda early morning Sunday classes?

Anyway, calling out every single Pitta cell in me I manage to get out of bed & get to the Stables Market in Camden by 9.30am. The Stables are unexpectedly quiet at that time -  accomplice the light rain - and I easily find my way to the Sadhaka Yoga Centre, up the stairs in the heart of the market. I quickly sign up as a new student in the reception and head to the studio area. There is none in yet, which makes my first time there even more exciting. I had read this is the place where Alchemy, one of the most popular London yoga outposts, was located before it unexpectedly closed down a few months ago. Mollie McClelland Morris managed to rescue the place and get it back on the London yoga map. The space is truly amazing: two great studios, a great social area (the soul café), spacious changing rooms and a few therapy rooms. They offer an enticing variety of classes in different styles (Ashtanga, Dharma Mittra, Vinyasa Flow, Kundalini, Scaravelli and Yin yoga) as well as meditation and teacher trainings. But I am here for Mollie today, one of my favourite teachers in London. Her vinyasa classes are truly unique, full of depth and content, flowy yet grounding, incredibly gracious and well rounded. No class is equal to the other: Mollie has always a theme or a source of inspiration, from which she unfolds her creative and heartfelt sequences. We are less than a dozen in class this morning, all regulars. ‘If you see me wobbling today that’s because I cut my foot. This reminded me how important our feet are’…here we go, that’s today’s theme. For the next 90 minutes I enjoyed the most thoughtful class, rich of subtleties and expressions: I feel safe when I practice with Mollie, and I always discover something new about a pose, or myself – or both. Fast forward 90 minutes and you find me in the deepest of savasanas and with every part of my boasting a big smile. And yes, I feel a bit more gracious, a little softer – that’s the ‘Mollie effect’. To be honest, I am in bliss and I do not even care about the background yelling from very keen kick boxers (which whom I had a quite embarrassing close encounter in the shower room, but that’s a different story….) in the studios next door.

 

Will I go back? No doubt, but that I knew from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment